Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Anyone else waiting on an XC60? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=319540)

john1878 Jan 6th, 2022 18:55

Our T8 inscription pro arrived on 29th December. Annoyed that the factory fitted the wrong screen, ordered the heated screen but the neglected to fit it. Considered walking away I was so unhappy, but went with it at it was July 22 at best if I was to re-order. Car is lovely, but battery range is awful, worse than I thought it’d be. Audiowagon works great though.

cvsmjd Jan 6th, 2022 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by john1878 (Post 2797972)
Our T8 inscription pro arrived on 29th December. Annoyed that the factory fitted the wrong screen, ordered the heated screen but the neglected to fit it. Considered walking away I was so unhappy, but went with it at it was July 22 at best if I was to re-order. Car is lovely, but battery range is awful, worse than I thought it’d be. Audiowagon works great though.

What sort of battery range are you getting? Did you get the new bigger 18kWh battery?

Maccaboy10 Jan 7th, 2022 10:20

I know there have been a lot of issues/challenges with these cars (I’ve posted some I know), but thought I’d share something positive.
I’ve had my XC60 T8 Recharge R design pro for a week now, and think it’s a lovely thing. I’ve had several neighbours say it looks great and they’re gonna consider Volvo next (from beemers and Audis) and best of all I was in the car waiting for my wife and I couple of teens walked past and said to her ‘wow is that your car, it’s well cool!’

john1878 Jan 7th, 2022 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvsmjd (Post 2798003)
What sort of battery range are you getting? Did you get the new bigger 18kWh battery?

The 11kw. Only expecting about 20 miles range, but that works with our usage. Currently the range is well below that.

cvsmjd Jan 7th, 2022 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by john1878 (Post 2798159)
The 11kw. Only expecting about 20 miles range, but that works with our usage. Currently the range is well below that.

Thanks have a T6 on order due Feb, it's supposed to be the bigger battery. I hope to get 40 miles pure, but looking at the threads not sure that's likely.

Does anyone know how to check which size battery the car comes with?

Packard999 Jan 16th, 2023 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by griffin447 (Post 2772324)
It’s been 7 weeks since my car left Xian in China… Volvo definitely have some explaining to do. I can only presume they realised very late on that the cars weren’t going to make the delivery deadlines yet even today they still show my original delivery date. Very disappointing.

Buying anything at all from China, not good
I go out of my way to try and buy from anywhere in the world, but certainly not China

Blob2 Jan 23rd, 2023 18:33

Hi, new to this forum

Does anyone know what the lead times are for the XC60?

I spoke to a couple of dealers and one said 4 months and the other said 6-9 months. I would have thought it would be the same for every dealer or do they book build slots in advance even without a customer

PaulBendall Jan 28th, 2023 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blob2 (Post 2874267)
Hi, new to this forum

Does anyone know what the lead times are for the XC60?

I spoke to a couple of dealers and one said 4 months and the other said 6-9 months. I would have thought it would be the same for every dealer or do they book build slots in advance even without a customer

Pretty sure it will depend on the model. I ordered an XC60 T8 Ultimate in Black via subscription on 1st October 2022. The last email I received on progress was not to expect delivery until June 2023. That would be 8-9 months

Paul