Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   New about a possible recall (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=257141)

BTXC90 Sep 30th, 2016 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2174640)
I wonder if recent factory builds are okay (seeing as my new car is arriving next week).

I'll ask the dealer.

yes, its likely that your new car may not be impacted going by the dates mentioned in the new report (till 19th Sept)

Safe to check with the dealer

Lexman8 Oct 1st, 2016 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTXC90 (Post 2174725)
yes, its likely that your new car may not be impacted going by the dates mentioned in the new report (till 19th Sept)

My car was due to start production on 16 Sep and be completed by 19 Sep. Doh!

tem Oct 1st, 2016 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2174792)

Did they give you a order number for your replacement car?
If so, what is My Volvo telling you today?
I still have 4 weeks to delivery.

tem.

neon Oct 1st, 2016 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2174792)

Is that what has caused the delay.

Dealer responded last night by email saying not aware of recall but will check.

Lexman8 Oct 1st, 2016 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by tem (Post 2174793)
Did they give you a order number for your replacement car?
If so, what is My Volvo telling you today?

I have an order number and a copy of the factory print-out showing the original planned dates I mentioned above.

I've not been able to track the order on MyVolvo as it keeps showing my existing car. I didn't pursue how to view the new car as last time I found the MyVolvo dates to be pretty useless.

I haven't got an up-to-date copy of the factory order. I'll try to get one as that might show if the build was delayed.

Lexman8 Oct 1st, 2016 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by neon (Post 2174798)
Is that what has caused the delay.

Could be. If I can get an updated factory order print-out I'll be able to check dates.

neon Oct 1st, 2016 10:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2174817)
Could be. If I can get an updated factory order print-out I'll be able to check dates.

Yes, because my experience of recalls is you immediately stop whatever you have control of going to the customer and then decide how you are going to deal with product that is not in your immediate control. This is food products though, not cars, but I would have thought principals are similar.

tem Oct 1st, 2016 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2174815)
I have an order number and a copy of the factory print-out showing the original planned dates I mentioned above.

I've not been able to track the order on MyVolvo as it keeps showing my existing car. I didn't pursue how to view the new car as last time I found the MyVolvo dates to be pretty useless.

I haven't got an up-to-date copy of the factory order. I'll try to get one as that might show if the build was delayed.

You should be able to delete your existing car in My Volvo.

tem.

nu11eaf Oct 1st, 2016 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeoman (Post 2174606)
I have just this minute, spoken to my dealer and this recall does affect UK 2016 XC90s!!
He says it is an URGENT recall! ,and has booked me in for next Tuesday. Apparently the information came to them yesterday and the DVLA website does not have it yet..

Hi, Yeoman, can you tell me who your dealer is and where, I contacted my dealer and he has not heard anything about it yet, but is checking for me, if he comes back to me to say he cant find anything I will direct him to your dealer.

neon Oct 1st, 2016 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by nu11eaf (Post 2174841)
Hi, Yeoman, can you tell me who your dealer is and where, I contacted my dealer and he has not heard anything about it yet, but is checking for me, if he comes back to me to say he cant find anything I will direct him to your dealer.

I have given my dealer a link to the US article. Not come back to me yet.