Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   300/66 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   1990 G Reg. 340, 1.4 manual looking for a new home (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=263746)

Joe of Loath Mar 10th, 2017 14:11

Yeah, apparently there are more than a few - the guy I bought my 740 off said that two people had previously bid on the car, then told him that they didn't want it - one guy because he "didn't like the colour!" I turned up, took it for a quick test drive, looked around a bit, gave him an envelope full of cash and drove home. Done within about half an hour.

What it might be worth doing is listing it for more than market value and seeing if anyone wants to offer you significantly less (IE what it's actually worth) as cash.

mkent Mar 11th, 2017 15:55

I Don't see a price mentioned anywhere...

Marcellle

Clan Mar 11th, 2017 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkent (Post 2246651)
I Don't see a price mentioned anywhere...

Marcellle

Cash shouldn't be a deciding factor on these , it is never going to be £1000's so affordable by most ..... you either want it or you don't ... that's how i acquired one a couple of years ago .

dlucas Mar 12th, 2017 16:16

Hi Joseph - I got your personal message but the forum won't let me PM you with a reply to your questions as it seems to prevent that until I make 30 posts on the forum which I have not yet done.

If you want to PM me with an e-mail address I can reply to you direct. Hope you see this by way of response.

Thanks
Dan

Joseph Martin Mar 13th, 2017 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlucas (Post 2247049)
Hi Joseph - I got your personal message but the forum won't let me PM you with a reply to your questions as it seems to prevent that until I make 30 posts on the forum which I have not yet done.

If you want to PM me with an e-mail address I can reply to you direct. Hope you see this by way of response.

Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan, no problem :)

Cheers,

Joe

dlucas Mar 13th, 2017 14:29

Have sent you an e-mail Joe which hopefully you will get OK. have also asked admin to increase my posts to allow me to PM back in due course too!
Dan

mchudd Mar 15th, 2017 19:47

Hi mate.
Do not let it go for silly money. It is a good
car that gets cheap classic insurance.You should try finding
one here in N.Ireland. They are likee hens teeth to find lol.
Cheers Mark.
:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumb s_up::thumbs_up:

dlucas Mar 17th, 2017 11:15

Thanks Mark - good points. Yes, have a v good value insurance policy from Footman James that I took out a year or so ago, save me more than £100 over previous insurance that I'd had.

dlucas Apr 14th, 2017 19:54

I am pleased to report this 340 is now sold to a good home, a member of this forum, with the hope that it could be a project for some restoration. It's nice to think that might be a possibility.

Thanks to all for comments in response to my original ad, and to the three serious inquiries I had about the car - no times wasters from this forum.

Also thanks to 300 series forum users in general for replies to posts in the past looking for advice from time to time, always had helpful replies.

So for the first time since 1994 we don't have a Volvo in our garage!

Dan

Roderick Plinge Apr 26th, 2017 20:54

Great car, I drove a 1.7 GLS once, and nearly bought another years ago from a local garage that was SUPERB to drive - at that time I had never had a Volvo before and that car got me interested in them.
Thanks.