Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Swedish Trip in August 2007 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=26616)

James_N Oct 30th, 2006 22:01

Thats great. Id like to do both, visit all the places the VOC have in mind, and spend a few days in and around gothenburg, hence why i was thinking a few more days in sweden would be nice.

Set off Thursday morning from calais, and return on the following friday for instance. That way, we more or less get a week in Sweden. After all, its a long way to go just for 2 or 3 days actually in sweden.

TheJoyOfSix Oct 30th, 2006 22:13

Fair point. At this stage it is only an idea, with the possibilities being examined. Depending on the numbers of people involved and the general consensus timeframewise (is that a word???) we'll go ahead and actually organise the thing.

For example, we may find that the ferry companies are unable to offer such a generous discount on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays so this may affect the amount of time we have in Sweden. On the other hand if it looks like 25 cars are going they may well be willing to discount further so it all depends on what transpires in this thread.

As mentioned before this thread is really to gauge interest and for suggestions to enable Iain, myself and a few others to have a rough idea of what actually needs doing.

James_N Oct 30th, 2006 22:19

Fair enough, Im definatly in :)

Chris_C Oct 30th, 2006 23:41

Sounds sweet, depends how many pennies would be required, but I can't see it becoming silly, and always wanted to make it to Val.... (that motor show...)

Provisional me on the list!

Jocksuper7 Oct 31st, 2006 00:04

Hey there i just seen this, you do know that there is a DFDS ferry from either newcastle to ejesberg or harwich to esberg in denmark, then there is a ferry from fredrickshaven to gotenberg. And Allborg in denmark is an amazing night out and its less than 2 hrs from fredrikshaven, I have used this ferry few times and esberg to allborg isnt a long trip, and the fuel in denmark isnt as expensive as Norway,

Cause if i am not in Afgan i would be intrested in this Trip

I have the Girl friend looking in to the fredricksaven ferry as its not a Dfds one

IC Oct 31st, 2006 06:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jocksuper7 (Post 163381)
Hey there i just seen this, you do know that there is a DFDS ferry from either newcastle to ejesberg or harwich to esberg in denmark, then there is a ferry from fredrickshaven to gotenberg. And Allborg in denmark is an amazing night out and its less than 2 hrs from fredrikshaven, I have used this ferry few times and esberg to allborg isnt a long trip, and the fuel in denmark isnt as expensive as Norway,

Cause if i am not in Afgan i would be intrested in this Trip

I have the Girl friend looking in to the fredricksaven ferry as its not a Dfds one

Hi, the general plan is to go across the Channel as we plan to meet members of a Dutch club on the way as well as hoping to meet Volvo enthusiasts as we drive north in our convoy!

Suterman Oct 31st, 2006 07:46

This will be a great event, monumental infact. Count me in.

Rbphot Oct 31st, 2006 11:40

I would be up for this, add me to the list as I've always wanted to visit sweden, a week long trip would be good as someone suggested.

Is the volvo crash test place in sweden, as I used to work in the milbrook crash test lab, and I think it would be interesting for people to see the cars path from contruction to death.

Maybe volvo UK will be able to setup a lot of the stuff from this end.

:Banane59: :Banane59: :Banane59:

Andy P Oct 31st, 2006 12:31

I'm interested. I've been wanting to make a journey over to Sweden for a while now.

I've just got one word to throw into the mix...

Nurburgring.

Thoughts?

Andy P

James_N Oct 31st, 2006 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy P (Post 163498)

Nurburgring.

Thoughts?

Ohhhhh yeeeessss :D:D A few laps on the way back wont hurt.