Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   FOR SALE: XC90 D5 AWD Exec, 60 plate, Blue, <54k miles (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=333712)

xc90d5awd Jul 24th, 2023 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tannaton (Post 2906540)
Just my two penneth....

I think deep down I knew all this was the best course of action, I suppose I was just hoping for a quick sale.
I very much appreciate your advice and will more than likely act on it in the very near future.

Many thanks 🙏

BMH1 Aug 3rd, 2023 01:57

Sorry i cant pm as im new and dont have the required 30 posts yet, i would be interested in this car if after some advice from members on fixing the problems we could come to a deal. I am looking for a tow car that wont cost the earth to run and more importantly is reliable. Cheers

xc90d5awd Aug 13th, 2023 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMH1 (Post 2908167)
Sorry i cant pm as im new and dont have the required 30 posts yet, i would be interested in this car if after some advice from members on fixing the problems we could come to a deal. I am looking for a tow car that wont cost the earth to run and more importantly is reliable. Cheers

Apologies for the late reply. It’s not for sale right now. I’ve had new tyres put on the rears. The steering is getting checked by Volvo next week and the cam belt is getting done by Volvo too. Once that’s done it’ll be serviced and MOT’d.
As all this is costing me a good few quid, the price will go back to its original price. I’ll re-advertise once all the work is complete. Thanks for your interest.

mcooke999 Aug 26th, 2023 19:06

Just wondering if there's any update on this?

xc90d5awd Aug 26th, 2023 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcooke999 (Post 2911527)
Just wondering if there's any update on this?

Thanks for your interest.
  • Volvo mechanics have checked, and report that there’s nothing wrong with the steering.
  • It’s had new brakes and tyres on the rears.
  • Volvo fitted a new motor to fuel flap door.
  • Suspension, brakes, tyres all checked by Volvo - and all good.
  • It’s having a service and MOT next week, again by Volvo.
  • It’ll be having its cambelt changed in the next few weeks.

Will update when possible.

mcooke999 Aug 26th, 2023 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by xc90d5awd (Post 2911528)
Thanks for your interest.
  • Volvo mechanics have checked, and report that there’s nothing wrong with the steering.
  • It’s had new brakes and tyres on the rears.
  • Volvo fitted a new motor to fuel flap door.
  • Suspension, brakes, tyres all checked by Volvo - and all good.
  • It’s having a service and MOT next week, again by Volvo.
  • It’ll be having its cambelt changed in the next few weeks.

Will update when possible.

Many thanks for the quick response.

It's reassuring to know you're wanting it to be 'right' for the next owner. Not many would bother or be as honest as you have been.

I fall in to the category of someone looking for a safe, reliable car to transport 3 very young children around in car seats as someone has described earlier!

xc90d5awd Aug 26th, 2023 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcooke999 (Post 2911531)
Many thanks for the quick response.

It's reassuring to know you're wanting it to be 'right' for the next owner. Not many would bother or be as honest as you have been.

I fall in to the category of someone looking for a safe, reliable car to transport 3 very young children around in car seats as someone has described earlier!

Absolutely understandable. Will update as soon as I have more info.

Mike0123 Sep 2nd, 2023 22:34

Xc90 for sale

I have exact same car, in excellent condition. Everything works as it should. I have it up for sale at £9250 and I think that's a tad optimistic. So yours with work to do....no chance of £11k ....sorry.

Mike0123 Sep 2nd, 2023 22:37

Xc90 for sale
I have exact same car, in excellent condition. Everything works as it should. I have it up for sale at £9250 and I think that's a tad optimistic. So yours with work to do....no chance of £11k ....sorry.

mcooke999 Sep 3rd, 2023 12:31