Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Thinking of selling my 2003 XC90 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=238375)

RoyMacDonald Oct 30th, 2015 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel mossey (Post 2002467)
Is your car still for sale?
Dan

Thinking about it very seriously. I'll speak to my family about it at the weekend. They don't want to buy it or contribute to the running cost, just drive 2,000 miles a month in it which breaks the terms of my insurance as I have to be the main driver and I mostly use my XC60 or V40 although I always enjoy the XC90 when I take if for a run. I've stopped them using it while I make a decision so that the mileage will stay at 86k.

The XC60 and XC90 both have different strengths and it's very hard to choose between the tried and trusted XC90 and my new XC60.

Thanks for the interest.

Roy

Delta24 Nov 5th, 2015 13:37

Hope it works out its a nice motor.

Delta24 Nov 5th, 2015 15:48

I would come to you tomorrow (Friday ) and give you £5000.00.
I'm not trying to knock you down or cause offence in anyway,that's simply the limit of funds I have available to me at this time.

If you decide to sell and this would appeal to you please let me know,I mean this sincerely and not someone who would then barter further,I'm simply being honest and placing my cards on the table.

I've sold enough myself to understand what an issue it is and an awful process ,I hope you find a buyer you like at the price you want and wish you all the best.

Thank you
Jason

RoyMacDonald Nov 6th, 2015 02:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delta24 (Post 2005950)
I would come to you tomorrow (Friday ) and give you £5000.00.
I'm not trying to knock you down or cause offence in anyway,that's simply the limit of funds I have available to me at this time.

If you decide to sell and this would appeal to you please let me know,I mean this sincerely and not someone who would then barter further,I'm simply being honest and placing my cards on the table.

I've sold enough myself to understand what an issue it is and an awful process ,I hope you find a buyer you like at the price you want and wish you all the best.

Thank you
Jason

Thanks for the interest Jason, I will let you know if I'm interested in your offer.

Delta24 Nov 6th, 2015 09:28

No worries thanks for your time

Retroqueen Nov 8th, 2015 00:24

Your car

Hi are you still selling your xc90 as we would be interested many thanks

Clappers Nov 10th, 2015 22:15

You've really looked after this one. Looks almost new.

I'd also be very interested. Let me know if you decide to sell.

RoyMacDonald Nov 10th, 2015 23:02

Thanks for the interest guys.

I keep thinking I should make a decision about it and take it out for a drive to make sure I'm doing the right thing and that only makes the decision more difficult! I think the main thing is it's been so reliable for so long that I have more confidence in it long term than I do in the new car and that is putting me off selling it. That and the way it drives as it doesn't have any of the delayed power output that seems to afflict a lot of D5's. When I test drove the V8 XC90, going back to my D5 felt more powerful. Put your foot down in mine and you get an instantaneous big push in the back that made the V8 seem wanting.

The first Volvo I sold to a friend is still going strong and in daily use after 31 years so a good track record for my first Volvo. I've always used the oil Volvo make specifically for the 03 D5 and Volvo say their tests with that oil show virtually no engine wear. The oil is a bit more expensive because it has to be ordered direct from Volvo Sweden.

I think I need to bite the bullet and just do it rather than keep thinking about how good it is.

Trying to figure out how to do this as a number of people have shown interest.

All the best.

Roy

cheshired5 Nov 10th, 2015 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyMacDonald (Post 2008803)
Trying to figure out how to do this as a number of people have shown interest.

Simple.
Sell to the one who offers the most not the one who asked first. :thumbs_up:

ifzal123 Nov 11th, 2015 10:14

I would say sell to the one who will pay you your asking price. If at that point you still have several people interested then ask each one to make a single best offer in excess of the asking price. Highest offer wins.:thumbs_up: