Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Anyone else waiting on an XC60? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=319540)

flacau Nov 11th, 2021 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fibrous (Post 2784266)
This is interesting to read re the Volvo computing approach.
The last paragraph mentions examples of what can be done in software updates re infotainment and battery life, the latter has already happened. The article was written back in July.
https://www.computerweekly.com/news/...ds-in-software

I am a software developer, I get the whole idea of using Android Automotive and the parallels he made with the smartphone industry that will allow easier app development even allow third-party to create apps.

But it is not acceptable to buy a premium phone that has no camera app, but has camera or does not allow you to play music. Every smartphone you buy, has the basic standard apps. If you don't like the apps you can install other.

In the case of Volvo you don't get basic apps and you don't have alternatives

Fibrous Nov 11th, 2021 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by flacau (Post 2784273)
I am a software developer, I get the whole idea of using Android Automotive and the parallels he made with the smartphone industry that will allow easier app development even allow third-party to create apps.

But it is not acceptable to buy a premium phone that has no camera app, but has camera or does not allow you to play music. Every smartphone you buy, has the basic standard apps. If you don't like the apps you can install other.

In the case of Volvo you don't get basic apps and you don't have alternatives

I entirely agree with you, basic apps should be available from the offset.
Do you have a Volvo with AAOS ?
I should have said why, its because I wondered if you had tried AudioWagon?

Fibrous Nov 11th, 2021 12:58

1 Attachment(s)
AudioWagon installed on a 2022 XC60 B5 AWD successfully.

Burtenr Nov 11th, 2021 13:07

How long to build date?

I have an XC60 T8 Recharge on order.

Does anyone know how long before a build date does the dealer get informed of the build date being assigned to an order?

As I ordered at the end of September, anyone have a guess at potential build date and then actually delivery date?

smithsc Nov 11th, 2021 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burtenr (Post 2784300)
I have an XC60 T8 Recharge on order.

Does anyone know how long before a build date does the dealer get informed of the build date being assigned to an order?

As I ordered at the end of September, anyone have a guess at potential build date and then actually delivery date?

I ordered my S60 Polestar beginning of October and was told I'd be looking at March 22 delivery, I'd guess you'd be around a similar time

flacau Nov 11th, 2021 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fibrous (Post 2784280)
I entirely agree with you, basic apps should be available from the offset.
Do you have a Volvo with AAOS ?
I should have said why, its because I wondered if you had tried AudioWagon?

Ordered in March the XC60 2022 and still hasn't been delivered.
There were a lot of delays due to the fact that I insisted on having BLIS and 360, the ventilated seats fiasco also delayed delivery.
The car has been produced and it is in transit now, should arrive in 2 weeks.

I somehow understand the delays due to chip shortage, but there is no know crisis of developers.
AAOS has been used on XC40 Recharge for a while now and it amazes me that clients of XC40 Recharge don't have Android Auto or Car Play to this day.

Anyway, very curious to see the ways to develop for the AAOS.

LRS Nov 11th, 2021 17:07

This is interesting, as I too, am in this new AAOS infotainment platform experience.

Like everyone here I would like to be able to:
  • Plug in a USB stick with all music collection on and be able to listen to it – basic requirement

I would also like to be able to:
  • Delete previous destinations or the whole itinerary of individual historical routes I’ve taken from the Google maps application – like you can do on the Sensus satnav and on a mobile phone google maps
  • Listen to internet radio stations outside of the UK in the car like I can do on my PC at home

I guess we are all on a bit of a journey regards the new Volvo Infotainment system…

Fibrous Nov 11th, 2021 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by LRS (Post 2784360)
This is interesting, as I too, am in this new AAOS infotainment platform experience.

Like everyone here I would like to be able to:
  • Plug in a USB stick with all music collection on and be able to listen to it – basic requirement

I would also like to be able to:
  • Delete previous destinations or the whole itinerary of individual historical routes I’ve taken from the Google maps application – like you can do on the Sensus satnav and on a mobile phone google maps
  • Listen to internet radio stations outside of the UK in the car like I can do on my PC at home

I guess we are all on a bit of a journey regards the new Volvo Infotainment system…

Have you tried the AudioWagon App for USB playback ?
It will install on your 2022 B5 AWD Inscription.

scotdoc72 Nov 11th, 2021 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by flacau (Post 2784317)
Ordered in March the XC60 2022 and still hasn't been delivered.
There were a lot of delays due to the fact that I insisted on having BLIS and 360, the ventilated seats fiasco also delayed delivery.
The car has been produced and it is in transit now, should arrive in 2 weeks.

I somehow understand the delays due to chip shortage, but there is no know crisis of developers.
AAOS has been used on XC40 Recharge for a while now and it amazes me that clients of XC40 Recharge don't have Android Auto or Car Play to this day.

Anyway, very curious to see the ways to develop for the AAOS.

What communication did you get from your dealer after placing your order? I ordered in mid September and haven't heard a peep since.

Also - did you take volvo up on the free installation of a wallbox? And if so, when did that get fitted?

herbert912 Nov 11th, 2021 20:19

Still waiting...

[Original poster here] Great to see this thread still going strong! I thought I would share a quick update (which is ironic given delivery is proving anything but quick!)

Car is an XC60 2.0 B5 P 250hp R-Design, and the timeline looks like this.
- 09Nov21 Advised that dealer is indicating delivery at the dealer on 15th December
- 22Oct21 Advised that dealer is showing delivery in last two weeks in November
- 22Sep21 Advised that dealer is showing delivery towards mid-November
- 27Aug21 Advised that dealer is showing delivery towards end October
- 21Jul21 Advised that dealer is showing delivery in September
- 29Jun21 Order form received and signed
- 28Jun21 Confirm via email we would like to order, advised delivery approx 23rd August

The leasing company says things are improving, so they have some confidence around the December date, but I definitely won't hold my breath.

I hope others are having more success!