Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Volvo moves to agency model (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=333478)

vonRypp Sep 5th, 2023 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisrixy (Post 2912854)
Maybe the agency model isn't going too well..

There is now £11500 off an XC90 Recharge, £10k off an XC60 Recharge and even £5,500 off the discontinued V90 ...

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/l/offers/volvo-savings/

Those are very common nowadays in all over Europe, for every brand. The chip shortage and supply chain disruption came to an end, while the economic downturn has also made an impact on household’s spendings. So dealerships are now facing a supply surplus low demand market environment, that’s why they are giving significant discounts.

MK09 Sep 6th, 2023 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisrixy (Post 2912854)
Maybe the agency model isn't going too well..

There is now £11500 off an XC90 Recharge, £10k off an XC60 Recharge and even £5,500 off the discontinued V90 ...

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/l/offers/volvo-savings/

There’s an additional £2k deposit contribution too for existing Volvo owners. If you’re buying on PCP, which I suspect probably the majority of people are, these latest offers are actually inferior to the £5k loyalty discount that had been available up until now. The £5k offer was on a very low APR. These latest offers aren’t, so the interest payable exceeds the discount. If you’re buying on 0% APR hire purchase (min 50% deposit) though, these latest offers are better.

Philip Fisher Sep 6th, 2023 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by MK09 (Post 2912918)
There’s an additional £2k deposit contribution too for existing Volvo owners. If you’re buying on PCP, which I suspect probably the majority of people are, these latest offers are actually inferior to the £5k loyalty discount that had been available up until now. The £5k offer was on a very low APR. These latest offers aren’t, so the interest payable exceeds the discount. If you’re buying on 0% APR hire purchase (min 50% deposit) though, these latest offers are better.

So does that mean I can get a new recharge model with 13.5k off and zero percent APR on the half upfront half over 24 months deal then?

MK09 Sep 6th, 2023 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip Fisher (Post 2912944)
So does that mean I can get a new recharge model with 13.5k off and zero percent APR on the half upfront half over 24 months deal then?

As far as I understand, yes. The £11.5 + £2k off applies to the Ultimate model, it’s a bit less for the Plus and Core Recharge models. Here’s a link to an example 0% finance plan for a Core Recharge:

https://www.brindley.co.uk/volvo/new...ge-volvo-loan/

Due to the agency model all dealers will have the same offer.

Lexman8 Sep 6th, 2023 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip Fisher (Post 2912944)

More or less and the loan term can be up to 48 months.
  • XC90 Recharge Plus: list £77,825, offer £67,049 (saving £10,776), net £65,049 with loyalty.
  • XC90 Recharge Ultimate: list £83,925, offer £72,295 (saving £11,630), net £70,295 with loyalty.
I haven't looked at Core pricing.

These offers are open until 30 Sep but if you place an order on or before 15 Sep you also get 3 years free servicing worth £699.

I'm currently creating a man-maths spreadsheet to justify one :)

There's also the XC60 Recharge Ultimate with all the toys for less than the price of an XC90 Plus which is tempting.

Philip Fisher Sep 6th, 2023 22:21

It's just a shame you can't mix and match spec. I love the supersoft Amber nappa normal shape seats of my car and the HUD and panoramic roof but with normal 19 wheels on the base spec.

Going up to a higher spec for the toys on a new car means also blingy stupid alloys and daft sports seats...

Which makes me think I would happier with a Core spec car but then I would miss the toys....

Lexman8 Sep 7th, 2023 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip Fisher (Post 2912993)
Going up to a higher spec for the toys on a new car means also blingy stupid alloys and daft sports seats...

Have to agree about the alloys but sports seats are not standard on any spec now although they remain an option on some.

Discoman Sep 7th, 2023 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip Fisher (Post 2912993)
It's just a shame you can't mix and match spec. I love the supersoft Amber nappa normal shape seats of my car and the HUD and panoramic roof but with normal 19 wheels on the base spec.

Which makes me think I would happier with a Core spec car but then I would miss the toys....

Agree completely. My dealer keeps ringing up with updated deals and I keep telling them I don't want an UIltimate as it has lots of things (mainly price) I do not want. A Core with £3000 of options will do me but they will not supply. Old car is great so not an issue.

Philip Fisher Sep 7th, 2023 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2913043)
Have to agree about the alloys but sports seats are not standard on any spec now although they remain an option on some.

Is there not a change in seats going up from Core though? More sculpted seats with extenders etc...? My current car has standard Momentum seats but with soft leather as an option and after a few months getting used to them I do now find them very comfortable.

Lexman8 Sep 7th, 2023 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philip Fisher (Post 2913049)
Is there not a change in seats going up from Core though?

XC90 Core seats:
  • Leather-Faced Upholstery
  • Heated Front and Rear Seats
  • Power Driver Seat with Memory for Seat and Exterior Mirrors
  • Power Passenger Seat with Memory
  • Front Seat Cushion Extensions
  • Multi-directional Lumbar Suppor

Plus: No change to the seats

Ultimate:
  • Nappa Soft Leather Perforated and Ventilated Upholstery
  • Front Seat Backrest Massage and Power Side Support

Although not shown on the price list, the seats on the Ultimate can be added to a Plus (but not a Core) for £1,290.

I have the standard Momentum seats but with power extensions on both front seats. I know some people complain about the extenders but I find them really good for supporting the entire length of the leg above the knee.

I agree with Discoman about the options. I bought a Momentum and specified the things I wanted. I don't like being 'forced' into having things I don't want; eg large alloys, air suspension (a lot of added complexity for little gain) and the B&W system which I'm sure sounds fantastic but with age-related hearing loss I'm sure it wouldn't benefit me.