Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   XC60 New Sensus software V3 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=154957)

jimbg Jul 18th, 2012 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountain Goat (Post 1209591)
True. Only one fill up so far. But I'll be driving to Italy & back shortly, so will log over a few tank fulls on that journey... Something to occupy myself with while the other half is driving!

Hve a good trip and be interested to compare the normal trip, computer statistic trip and brim to brim when you get back.

Remember no reversing!!! :lol:

Whiterdesign Jul 18th, 2012 19:42

Just been told that Volvo have issued an Emergency Bullitin telling dealers not to do any more Sensus 3 updates due to problems. Don't know what the problems are.

wimorrison Jul 18th, 2012 20:46

You know, the more I read on this thread the happier I am that I have the "old" pre-Sensus system that may be agricultural by comparison, but always seems to work without any issue - there was a time when I was jealous, not so sure now.

Clan Jul 18th, 2012 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by wimorrison (Post 1209747)
You know, the more I read on this thread the happier I am that I have the "old" pre-Sensus system that may be agricultural by comparison, but always seems to work without any issue - there was a time when I was jealous, not so sure now.

I know what you mean ,
I drove a lovely 1988 244 GLT today , the best car volvo ever made , reliability, quality right through , so easy to do anything on and costs were not an object then ...

iwanders Jul 18th, 2012 20:55

Took my xc60 in for it's 3 month check today, tried (asked) to get them to do the sensus upgrade at the same time, but they wouldn't. Said it would only be done if it was on a recall, or otherwise at a service. I said that my service would be over 8 months away, and that if there was a recall to update it it would save a trip, but they wouldn't budge. I didn't push it too much as I didn't want to find I had the software and it caused other issues, so if what you say is true then maybe for the better that it didn't get done.

Ian.

tem Jul 18th, 2012 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiterdesign (Post 1209698)
Just been told that Volvo have issued an Emergency Bullitin telling dealers not to do any more Sensus 3 updates due to problems. Don't know what the problems are.

Funny that you should mention this.
When the upgrade first came out, I was in the dealership with my son, who was considering a Skoda (joint dealership) and the Volvo Workshop Manager came over to speak to me.
During general conversation, I mentioned this upgrade and he told me that the previous week, they had been given instructions on how to do it.

With time to spare, they had a go, but failed, due to the incorrect hardware.
A week later, they told me that they had everything that was required to do the upgrade.
They tried again, but failed, as a message, came back, to contact Volvo direct.
This was some 4 weeks ago and I am still waiting for my dealership to contact me about this upgrade.

I am due for a service, mid September and will wait until then, but I am confused, how some Volvo's, have been updated ?

tem.

Whiterdesign Jul 19th, 2012 00:00

It seems the email only arrived today. Mine went in about 3 weeks ago for the upgrade as I am having sensus problems but the upgrade failed. I have been waiting for the car to go in again but my son, who works for the same group came to tell me tonight that he had received an email from the Volvo service manager telling him that Volvo had sent out this email stopping all upgrades and not to fetch my car in. Watch this space.

XCeed Jul 19th, 2012 10:01

I for one will be leaving well alone...my sensus and sat nav is working perfectly, touch wood (as is everything else on my car) - but I guarantee it'll all go wrong if they start messing with it (especially when they don't seem to know what they're doing at the moment!!??). I'll stick with what I've got!!

Mountain Goat Jul 19th, 2012 12:04

Can't say I've had any problems since V3 update, apart from a couple of niggles mentioned previously: Radio volume returns to 1/3 volume upon restart even if set to 0 previously, and DAB occasionally locks up.

jimbg Jul 19th, 2012 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountain Goat (Post 1210130)
Can't say I've had any problems since V3 update, apart from a couple of niggles mentioned previously: Radio volume returns to 1/3 volume upon restart even if set to 0 previously, and DAB occasionally locks up.

Same here, mine is fine. By the way the volume thing is a deliberate "feature" of V3.