Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Problem with ETM DIM or NAVI??? Cheap services here (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=143579)

Hangman Nov 5th, 2012 10:48

Quick, Reliable and Fantastic Service ! Big Thank You for fix my ETS problem.:thumbs_up:

steverupi Nov 14th, 2012 22:37

Dim

Hi, my DIM has a broken trip stalk and the SRS message telling me service is needed, the triangle is red for a while then turns off leaving the triangle orange telling me alarm service needed, the alarm module is faulty and really i'm not bothered about it being off at all but i don't know if my airbags are active due to the SRS message. please it would be lovely to sort out these problems if at all possible....my thanks Steve.

Kw888 Nov 16th, 2012 18:14

Excellent job!

Just want to say a massive thank you to spokoluzik!! Found him through eBay and contacted him directly and visited him in East London. I had a faulty speedometer which would only work once in a blue moon, spokoluzik had sorted the problem which took around 30 minutes. He also turned off my day time running lights. Excellent service and really nice guy to deal with, would recommend to anyone.

phil1982uk Nov 19th, 2012 11:45

Excellent job!

Just want to say a massive thank you to spokoluzik!!

I drove up to him on saturday to get my DIM fixed and within 30 he had fix my car.

Excellent service and really nice guy to deal with, would recommend to anyone.

steverupi Nov 26th, 2012 11:48

Hi, thankyou for messaging me that you can fix my DIM. i am a taxi driver and i have just got through my council license renewal (thank goodness) ...i will be sending you my dim but it may be in the new year as Christmas is coming and it will be busy. Thankyou again.... if i find i have a window to send it earlier i will be in touch. Steve.

Hutchy123 Nov 29th, 2012 23:09

Add my thanks to Luk

Just a quick note to say thanks for looking at my dash. Unfortunately, damage was terminal but Luk looked at it for me and didn`t charge anything when he knew it was beyond repair. Nice bloke to deal with.
Hutchy

Hutchy123 Dec 1st, 2012 18:25

Jammy or what?

Took your advice and went to scrap yard. Always a pleasant experience. Mad dogs, mud and misserable men. But would you believe the first cluster I took off (on a car with 2 more parked on top and covered in glass: health and safety never high on the agender here) worked! I was chuffed. Only had 5k more miles on than mine. The air bag warning light needs resetting but my usual garage can do that when they fix the suspension (its never ending). Just so great not to guess how much petrol you have in. It cost me £50 but worth it. Hopefully, it will last till next year when I decide whether to keep the car or not.
Hutchy

twintown2 Dec 9th, 2012 20:20

dim failing

Hi I have a s60 with the dim dropping out with srs light coming
On.
Can you please send me your contact details

spokoluzik Dec 24th, 2012 19:52

Just to let you know guys I'm currently on holidays and comming back on 7th of January.
Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

volvo2 Dec 27th, 2012 18:10

Magneti Marelli ETM failing

Quote:

Originally Posted by spokoluzik (Post 1316249)
Just to let you know guys I'm currently on holidays and comming back on 7th of January.
Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

Dear Spokoluzik,

I had hoped to sort out my ETM over the holiday period but as you are on holiday, I’ll guess I' have to wait.

Re: My 2002 Volvo V70, non-turbo

It seems my Magneti Marelli ETM may be failing. I have occasional wild oscillation in the idle speed combined with a loud buzzing sound coming from the ETM itself. I have just cleaned the throttle and it appears to be better but I guess I may need to replace the unit fairly soon.

Please can you tell me how much it would cost for you to repair my Magneti Marelli ETM? Also, is it just a case of my posting the unit to you and if so how long does it normally take? Is any form of reprogramming required? This would be a problem for me as once I remove the ETM I will be stranded. Am I correct in understanding your repair involves a non-contact potentiometer? One other question - the ETM is simple to remove, just four bolts, but what about the wire, does it simply unplug?

Thank you very much for your help.

Volvo2
PS I have also sent you a personal message and completed the form on your website