View Single Post
Old Apr 27th, 2024, 13:46   #1
Kev0607
Premier Member

Default Swirl flap arm disconnected

Hi all,

I was just doing my routine engine fluid/oil level checks today. All seemed to be okay, apart from the coolant being a tad low. I added a small bit of water to the reservoir for now to bring it to the correct level. There's plenty of coolant in the system. I figured a small drop of water won't make much difference... I'll keep my eye on it. I also noticed a squeaky rattle on a bumpy road the other day. Sounded to me like a drop link. Sure enough, the driver's side drop link has split, so I'll be putting a new pair on soon.

Anyway, to the point of this thread... Whilst I was doing my checks, I noticed that my swirl flap plastic arm has fallen off again. Its still attached on one end, but the other isn't connected to anything and its seems a bit oily in that area.

Is there a fix for this? I keep putting these plastic arms on every few months, but they never seem to stay in place. There seems to be no power loss and there's no engine warning lights on the dash. The oil is at the correct level on the dipstick.

Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by Kev0607; Apr 27th, 2024 at 13:48.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote