Thread: S60: General - Diesel Particulate Filter - recall
View Single Post
Old Jun 18th, 2010, 09:29   #3
chunderground
xc90 exec black+privacy

Have done a lot of reading up on the DPF on all makes and the following is the general consensus.

All manufacturers of euro IV compliant dpf diesels have regeneration problems if :-

1]the car runs on cheap diesel :- use low particulate diesel such as shell v-power and Bp Ultimate to eradicate problems

2] If the car is used on short runs and the revs rarely go above 2500, Run the car in lower gear with revs of 3500 for twenty mins to clear DPF of soot once every 400 miles.

3] The driving style is gentle and pedestrian. Give it some welly and apparently the engines loves it.(I drive like a granny so this one is hard for me)

I personally have had no problems but I use V-power diesel now as it appears to be worth the extra cost. Car runs quieter and has not regenerated since using it.Mpg seems to be 2mpg better but early days yet!

V-power also has added Liquified gas rather than bio diesel.Bio diesel is supposed to be the cause of oil levels rising as it gets into the sump during regeneration and does not evaporate.
chunderground is offline   Reply With Quote