Thread: S60: General - Diesel Particulate Filter - recall
View Single Post
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 03:24   #5
Lancashire V70

Default This problem has not gone away

Hi
This problem does not seem to have gone away, I am a new poster on here because up to now I have owned a 2002 V70 D5 SE Auto that has been pretty bullet proof. Last Thursday I collected a 2007 registered C70 D5 SE LUX Auto with 42,000 miles on the clock and full dealer service history.
From the decall on the bonnet slam panel it appeared to have had the DPF/overfueling mods done and, looking at the paperwork and the dipstick, the dealer had done an oil and filter change with the oil level at the maximum mark. not the 3/4 mark that the new decall suggests. After a brisk but not silly 150 mile drive home along a mix of motorways, dual carriageways and fast A roads the engine service light was on and the dipstick showed that the oil level had increased by around 8mm. On Friday I accessed the stored codes and found EMC codes 6663 (heater plug/ relay on number 3 cylinder) and 5660 (oil level faulty reading) I therefore removed sufficient oil to return it to the reccomended 3/4 full level using our oil sampling facilities and this sample is on it's way to the laboratory. The engine service light went out after I cleared these two codes.

On Saturday, after an early morning cold start, there was no engine service light showing but out of curiosity I used the code reader which showed a fault code EMC 6663 so presumably I have a dodgy heater plug/relay.

Having driven the car around for about 50 miles over the weekend mainly on short local runs with the occasional bit of motorway the engine service light is back on and the oil level on the dipstick is marginally above maximum ie an increase of about 6mm, so in 200 miles the oil level has increased by around 14 mm or the equivalent of 1/2 litre of diesel entering the oil.
Lancashire V70 is offline   Reply With Quote