View Single Post
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 16:10   #5
Biotoxic
Master Member

Cool

About one week later I finally got my engine block back, it was pressure cleaned and rebored

-----

All the parts come in one cardboard box..... I was confused dot com ...
Crankshaft

-----

Since I haven't removed them before I was going blind from here, I've put old bearings on and matched all the wear and starches on other parts.....
Bearings

-----

Engine block upside down

Install piston cooling jets at this stage, or regret your decision later on

-----

oversized pistons with piston rings already installed

cleaning piston rods

removing old parts with custom made pliers

-----

I changed crankshaft bearings and piston rod bearings.

-----

Chain and gear for oil pump

-----

making a gasket

Just in case I will make a guide how to make them
-----

Almost all parts put together.

I had to remove flywheel to make it lighter, so I can lift it from the table and put it on the ground.

That's not all... there will be more pictures tonight. It just takes a long time to upload them at the moment. At this stage I've done about 90% to get engine running again.

I will post more pictures in x40 S1 Articles section as a Guides( I am thinking, there will be at least 3 more guides, maybe more )
I don't want to post the same pictures as a guides, so I left few pictures out.

Later on I will calculate how much it had cost me, and what parts needed to be changed.

It total it took me about one month and 2 weeks to get car running again, all that was done outside, so I had to skip few days due to rain.

I am hopping that this will help someone else.

Big thanks to: stevo48, Oilydad, andy_d, GMad, Hinckley, steveshaw, Jordie, 960kg, Baffler, Clan, migrator, gatos, littlehomer, v8 rick and others I have forgotten to mention, who has given me advice over last 2 months.
Biotoxic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Biotoxic For This Useful Post: