View Single Post
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 04:12   #1
Biotoxic
Master Member

Cool Stripping the engine clean, and putting it back together.

So then, do you always wanted to see the engine from the inside, dismantle it or just wanted to see how it works?
Look no further, I made this for volvoforums.org.uk community so you know how it looks like.

So again
I am NOT a mechanic, I am NOT an electrician, I am NOT a certified plumber, I AM a computer technician and I CAN fix things.
And English is my second language.

P.S. I will apply for next available car mechanics courses, because I found this quite interesting. And to get some paper that approve that I can fix car engines(or something) I could apply for electrician as well, but I am not really into all those things so I will pass this one.

To the point!

Long story cut short, this is how I removed engine from Volvo S40 1.9 TD sport year 2003(first registered 2002) without any previous knowledge about the engines.
But know I know a lot.

1. Bad, dirty engine, is about to be stripped off of all attached components, cleaned and put all together.

-----

2. Some oil leak from turbo oil return pipe, you can see that heat shield is covered in oil a bit.

-----

3. Removed EGR internal part.

-----

4. Inside the Inlet manifold

-----

5. Battery and air expansion tank removed from the chassis

-----

6. Just in case, if somebody needs to bleed the radiator, that black bleed screw is located here, but be advised, its made from hard plastic, and it was really tight.

-----

7. More engine parts removed.

-----

8. Removed all the wiring.

-----

9. That greenish thing just left from the oil filter is oil pressure sensor.

-----

10. random pictures, but in order.

I didn't expected that one of the bolts would be oily, but that is normal.

-----

Camshaft

-----

Cylinder head

-----

Engine block, full of soot, especially cylinder 2(counting from the flywheel side)

-----

Rusty injector/s

inside the injector

-----

Cleaning processes.

Cleaning carbon from valve rods

more inspection and cleaning

Then I received brake discs and other parts. Nice.

-----

One of the best buy was a metallic brush for the drill. Helped me to get rust away faster.

-----

Oil pump and stuff

-----

Old pistons......

-----

My new brake disc and old one

-----

Oil pump with some damage

That's it for this morning, its 4 am and I am going to bed, rest of the pictures
should be done by today's afternoon

Last edited by Biotoxic; Feb 24th, 2011 at 04:22.
Biotoxic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Biotoxic For This Useful Post: