View Single Post
Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 21:06   #8
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by willgo View Post
Thanks for this guidance. It's still tricky because whilst we will do daily school runs of just a few miles every day we will also do a motorway every week or two and a bunch of 10-15mile journeys in there as well every week. So thinking the regen/dpf issues should be catered for...?

I did calculate that based on 8k miles a year and using volvo's own wltp figures of 29mpg for the t5 and 36mpg for the d5 and with Diesel costing 8p more on average, the annual fuel saving with the d5 is minimal, just £250. So I guess I shouldnt worry too much about the cost of petrol a year, but what im really asking myself and probably need to be most concerned about is the TCO over 5 years and that a T5 currently costs about £2-3k more to buy than a D5 now (for a 2018/9 car)... but then, just how much will a D5 lose in value in the next 5 years compared to a T5 because it's a "dirty" diesel and will anyone want one then, so could mean that that £2k saving now turns into a bigger loss vs the T5 in 5 years time....
I still think you're better off with a petrol based on the mileage you do. 8-10k a year isn't enough for a diesel.