Thread: Engine: TD: - woshing noise
View Single Post
Old Aug 18th, 2020, 11:53   #27
Martin Cox
VOC Member

With regard to the air conditioning, the evaporator is a known weak point on the Ph 1 V70. Mine failed in 2008. If I'd known how long I was going keep the car, I'd have had it done then.

It's an awkward job involving dismantling the whole of the dash to gain acces to it. There are different evaporators for LHD and RHD cars. The RHD ones seem to be virtually unobtainable now and no the LHD one won't do.

You may be lucky and any leakage may be somewhere else. another point to note is that there is no high pressure port on the a/c system, just the low pressure one.

I'm assuming you have the 4 speed transmission with S,E and W buttons. The S button results in the transmission staying in the lower gears for longer. I find it of some use in hilly country but otherwise I leave it in E.

The W button results in the transmission setting off in third gear and only using gears 3 and 4 when the lever is in D. It's supposed to reduce wheelspin in snow or ice. I've never used it. With the lever in L and W selected, the transmission is locked in 1st gear.

Hope this is of some help.

Martin

1998 V70 Tdi auto 226,000 miles
Martin Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Martin Cox For This Useful Post: