View Single Post
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 18:09   #26
Biotoxic
Master Member

Cool

I remembered What I did afterwards... So listen Up!

Once you have cleaned EGR valve and intake manifold(don't forget clean those two holes in intake manifold connecting to EGR, they are hard to reach and clean)
Make sure that everything is tightened up properly.

Once you have done that, car could feel sluggish or accelerating really slowly( low on power in low rpms)

Best thing that you can do is take it to the motorway. I was doing about 20-25 mile journey to Belfast at around 60 mph. At first car felt really low on power and I was struggling to pick up speed from low rpms in town. After those 20-25 miles when I stopped at first traffic light I was a bit worried about that lack of power, so I revved engine around 3000 rpms and I expected a slow start, bet releasing the clutch car went flying... I was a bit surprised. From then everything was fine.

But to make long story short and technical.
( I found this out just few days ago from the proper volvo mechanic)

If you cleaned your EGR valve and Inlet manifold, if the car struggles to accelerate from low rpms, if you have that DPI filter( or what ever that name was) You can fix that sluggishness by driving on motorway.

Before you do the fallowing, check that the oil and engine coolant level are within the recomended limits!!!!!!!!

Shift in 4th and drive about 2 miles around 4000rpms... I did this just today, around 3500 rpms I was doing close to 76mph. After those two miles shift it to 5th and do a normal driving for few miles. When you reach your destination
let the car idle for at least not less than 2-3 minutes. Turbo, exhaust pipe and some other parts will get really hot during those 2 miles at 4000rpms. So it is essential that you let the engine cool down before you switch of the engine.

Reason for doing this is that at those high rpms and temperatures oil residue, soot or other particles will just burn away leaving exhaust pipe and that filer that picks up and cleans exhaust fumes clean. This should even burn or melt any soot off from cylinder heads and some oil residue from valves as well. Some or most of you have probably seen how my cylinder head looked like after I removed that.. soot everywhere, it even blocked one of the injector nozzles.

Oh yeah, and after that fast drive when you leave you car idling for those few minutes, open up the bonnet and just in case look for any oil leaks

This should cure sluggishness eventually.

If some one try this, then let us know how it went.
This worked for me.
Biotoxic is offline   Reply With Quote