View Single Post
Old Apr 21st, 2024, 16:57   #7
Simmy
Premier Member

Smile

[QUOTE=r0ber;2946397]Hello!
I am going to purchase a 2003 V70 2.4 NA 140 hp.

It has "Engine System Service Required" + Orange triangle warning, and car is in limp mode. That happened when the owner started the car with a booster because the battery is dead.

Owner thinks it is a bad ignition coil (a year ago did the same with two bad ignitions coils, only replaced that two).

He can't read DTCs. He is from a forum where I write too (not Volvo) and I trust him. The problem is I am about 400 miles away. Price is very good.

My insurance will not tow the car if the technical inspection is out of date (Yes, it is out of date).

So my plan is take a train with 5 ignition coils and spark plugs, VIDA and some other spare sensors I have at home.
What do you think guys? If I can't take out from the limp mode and drive to my home it would be perfect.

Any suggestion are welcomed.[/QUOTE

a good battery is a must have before attempting to read any codes remember to read off the delivery tab as these are the current codes initial state tells what codes have been stored previously then you can act accordingly replacing any part which may have caused the limp mode good luck i hope all goes well
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote