View Single Post
Old Apr 21st, 2024, 16:25   #6
r0ber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgeandkira View Post
Bring some hose and a vessel and syphon some out and inspect. Lots of people's "vehicle resurrection" stories fear the old gas. Many are told not to fret.
Also, I don't see any "old fuel ruined my day" posts. If the car buffs have a time dead line for fuel age, I haven't heard it.

Is there electricity there? for a small compressor. Check oil level before an 8 hour drive.
Raining? Check for washer fluid and blade function. A filthy smeary windshield can kill you on a long drive.

Search MM throttle body for the story about the ETM. In brief: A bad ETM is removed (easy) and sent to a place for rebuilding, as your own ETM is coded to the car.

If the accelerator reacts funny or if the engine 'hunts' at idle, you got a worn one. No problem to drive home.

Check the instrument cluster for chrome rings......
I am taking with me a bunch of tools in my baggage (I am going by train). Seller is very kind and he is going to help me with some logistics.

I have read about the MM. If I no mistaken my 2000 V70 2.4T have one but I am lucky until today

What it is the thing about the "chrome rings"?

Thank you for your help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart bowes View Post
stale fuel is mentioned from time to time over on the mini forum but bear in mind of course some of those are 30-40-50-60 year old cars

and they do say, the old ones with simple breathers to the atmosphere (old carb models) suffer more than the 'sealed' mpi / spi models of more recent times

I guess it's about whether air and therefore moisture has got in, and then they go on about modern fuels being worse for moisture and so on

I'm sure if you turn up with VIDA under one arm and a fully charged battery you can't go too far wrong
I think I will fill the tank with high octane gas (98 in my country) and the rest I will check with VIDA.
Seller is going to charge the battery (is one year old, I thought it was older but not. Just he does not use de the car) and if it is definitely dead I will buy one there.

Thank you guys.
r0ber is offline   Reply With Quote