Thread: 262 General: - V6 not starting
View Single Post
Old Feb 6th, 2024, 20:29   #55

Smile

I connected this wayward vacuum pipe to the other side of the intake using a 'Y' piece. cranked the car, no start, tried again, and again, then resorted to doing the unthinkable and spraying down the intake, nothing, not even a fire.
I have fuel at the pump, at the fuel distributor and at the end of the injectors. I have spark at the plugs, still it wouldn't even fire. However with removing that one plug to check for spark, I noticed a tell tail sign of dampness, so ended up removing all the plugs, wire brushed them, sprayed them with a little electrical cleaner and blew them dry with the air, refitted them and tried again to start her up. Fired instantly and ran, though a little rough, but the good news is, it idled at 750 rpm but still running rich. I think replacing all the perished vacuum pipes has helped. I will be adjusting the fuel mixture screw this weekend with the help from my neighbour. So progress.
I filled it with anti-freeze only to hear water running out onto the concrete nearly as fast as it was poured in!
A quick look underneath and the anti-freeze was leaking out behind the right side exhaust manifold at the front. Not good, I guess there is a popped core plug, or rusted out one? Well it never rains........
1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1978 For This Useful Post: