View Single Post
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 19:45   #201
4x4
Premier Member

Thanks Ollie, glad you enjoyed reading my thread.

I have used Lanoguard on both my V70 and my 850 and so far it seems to do what it says on the tin (so to speak). You can read my 850 thread here. Lanoguard should be re-applied on an annual basis to ensure the correct protection but as the 850 is a summer car I’ve only done it once so far and it is still fine.

If you carefully look into the vent where the thermistor is on the CCM you should be able to see it with a wire connected to each side, if it is blown then you will see a break in the wire or the thermistor body.

Spare keys are only available from Volvo or a locksmith who is a registered with Volvo and had passed all Volvo security checks. There are very few around with the correct credentials though and finding one is nigh on impossible. The chap I used lives near me which was good for me and he does travel around Scotland but I think you might be a little out of his area. You can have your key cloned, again there are a few independents who can do this but again finding them is not easy. When I had my new key programmed I had all the missing keys removed from the system so anyone who still has one will not be able to start the car now.

I have Vida and a laptop, but lugging a laptop is not ideal so I keep iCarsoft Vol2 in the glovebox. It’s not as comprehensive as Vida, but it’s more than capable of coping with most faults the car will throw up and well worth the money

Hope this helps…
Volvo 850 GLT website

Last edited by 4x4; Jan 16th, 2024 at 22:44.
4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4x4 For This Useful Post: