View Single Post
Old Feb 20th, 2023, 22:50   #19
Derek UK
VOC Member

After getting more cuts and bruises with my arm up inside the side panel I gave up and attacked the flap. The plastic door clip put up very little resistance and broke the catch off. It appears the 1998 - 2000 models had this type of clip. This is shown being replaced on the white car in the video. Ordered one from the Bay. A genuine Volvo one and from the UK. £15.97 inc postage. All the others were a pound or two cheaper but came from Latvia or Lithuania. They could be pattern parts even if they say they are "Genuine".
Although it seemed to work off the car I took the actuator to pieces and and added a bit of silicone grease. My release tab didn't have hole for a puller but does now. I have added a length of super strong waxed Terylene tape. It's woven and thin but I've not been able to break it by hand so should be strong enough. I might add a little more lube after seeing Sirobs video. Unfortunately it takes 2 people to refit it as you can't see round the corner to fit the screws when holding the actuator inside so I will have to seek help from a neighbour. No I'm not going to rig up a mirror on a tripod!
At least I can go and get some petrol now. Should have enough to get to the garage. Thanks for the useful comments everyone.
Steve, I will PM you about the mirror mount trim.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derek UK For This Useful Post: