View Single Post
Old Dec 9th, 2022, 10:16   #103
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapytwist View Post
I wonder if anyone here has had a similar issue to me. I had mine replaced on the insurance a few weeks ago, and on the first chilly night after, the inside of the screen became completely condensated. Obviously last night in the UK was freezing or below, and I found the inside of the screen iced up this morning.

The first time it happened, I thought it might be because I'd left the cabin's air 'switch' manually set to 'let air in from outside the car', but it was on auto last night. Does anyone have any ideas as to why it's started happening?
My Dad has the same problem on his V70. When I went to start the car yesterday (its parked on the road), it was all iced up on the outside. The inside, although not frozen, was full of condensation and drips were landing on the dash (not ideal when there's fuses and all sorts around that area). We're going to get the windscreen replaced, or at a very minimum resealed. The car is now inside our garage out of the elements until this is done. Normally there's no space in the garage, so its lucky to be inside!

The climate control setting has always been set to auto on this particular car (not recirculate or let fresh air in). I don't think that has anything to do with your window being iced up on the inside. Its likely that your windscreen has slight gaps around it, which lets water in and then it froze up because it was so cold. I advise getting that checked because its only a matter of time before the windscreen starts letting more water in, which then soaks your dash/electrics.

Last edited by Kev0607; Dec 9th, 2022 at 10:20.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kev0607 For This Useful Post: