Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   Beachcomber's 2.3 turbo lump and other goodies (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=276073)

beachcomber550 Dec 16th, 2017 13:10

Beachcomber's 2.3 turbo lump and other goodies

11 Attachment(s)
here's some pix as requested of the 2.3 Turbo lump I'd bought to convert to Supercharger. As removed from running car by PO. Turns over freely with good compression resistance.

What you see is what you get - no other parts for this engine.

I'll list the other parts [ new discs / pads, aux dizzie drive, old style dizzie, non turbo exh. manifold, intake [ FI ], twin downpipe also new ] if I get chance before Christmas.

As with the car - going on e-bay in the new year if not sold here.

beachcomber550 Dec 16th, 2017 18:21

Engine under offer - just awaiting deposit.

ie940 Dec 18th, 2017 08:34

The car looks nice, what's wrong with it?

beachcomber550 Dec 18th, 2017 17:06

6 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ie940 (Post 2348431)
The car looks nice, what's wrong with it?

IT IS NICE !!!

I looked for ages before settling on this one. No rust, no dings, straight panels and an absolute fortune spent by the PO in past 10K miles - new head, new turbo, steering rack, rad, intercooler - the list goes on and on. It's clean under the hood too - again no sign of corrosion at all - just one spot of lifted pain on a lower chassis rail. No adviseries on last MOT [ less than 200 miles ] and even the MOT guy commentd on how good and rust free it was.

It's all documented [ honestly ! ] in my build thread. I had NO intention of selling, that's why I spent so much money on it - New -40 Killens, Bilsteins, tow bar, etc.,etc.

An intermittent starting issue began to appear last year [ documented in build thread ]. Sometimes would start and run perfectly, other times dead as a door
nail, or just spinning over. For the past 6 weeks it has been starting and running fine - went to turn it over at the weekend - dead again ! When it's running there are no issues - sweet as a nut, no noises, smoke, leaks. Brakes and transmission are spot on - obviously so is suspension and steering.

A deeply regretted sale simply due to ill health meaning I can't complete it.

Spare 2.3 engine now sold BTW

beachcomber550 Dec 19th, 2017 09:44

engine now sold

ie940 Dec 19th, 2017 09:55

Oh this is the one from the other thread? Probably a bit over budget for me but feel free to PM me a price on the car. I was expecting it to be for sale engineless given the 2.3 for sale.

beachcomber550 Jan 4th, 2018 15:04

OK ....... I have now had THREE offers for the rolling chassis and 1 for the engine !

Let's be clear - the car is far too good to end up being drifted / whatever - that said, if I get the right money then it's up to the new owner to do with as they want. The car already has -40mm Kilens and Bilsteins with virtually no mileage on them.

The engine is PERFECT . it is the intermittent starting issue that is the problem. The engine runs sweet with no noises, rattles, smoke etc. In mileage terms it's had a recent new cylinder head and turbo.

For sale - VGC 2.3 torque converter and flex plate.

Aux drive shaft for dizzie and matching dizzie - from the abandoned blower project.

There will be other items on offer when the fate of the car is decided.

As an alternate - I'll pay for someone to get the starting issue sorted - then sell my V70 !!! In honesty - that's my preference - yes the car is THAT good.